Wildly inappropriate songs always seem to shuffle to the top of my mp3 player when there are customers in the store and I'm tired and not paying much attention. I realize just a bit too late that I need to jump up and change what's playing.
And tired is getting so common lately. Waking early to walk to school, going to bed late to appease Jayell, working and going to school and taking classes and trying to take care of us, it just piles on me.
I'm only nineteen years old. Jayell is twenty-five. And yet, I'm the one worrying about the finances. I'm the one who tries to put bills before pleasure and eating out. I offer to cook, even when I'm exhausted. But he always declines, and he doesn't want to cook either, even though he's fantastic at it. (Seriously, he makes the best cookies ever, amazing creme brulee, and bread pudding that changed my mind about the dessert.)
This is exactly what I signed up for when I left home. And I'm fighting to keep my head above water, and I like it that way. I just hope that I can stay optimistic and fanciful.
The song Gone Forever by Three Days Grace just transitioned into Oh What a Beautiful Day from the Broadway musical Oklahoma. Are my music choices eclectic? I think so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment